HLP SPEC'ED 1300HP J35 - 4340 Chromoly Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods
*1YR WARRANTY UP TO 1000HP, Maximum rating 1300+hp Capable*
Final Rod Bolt Torque Spec : 55ft lbs (No 90* turn required)
We are proud to finally announce the release of our HalferLand Performance J35 - 4340 Chromoly Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods. Yet another piece to the puzzle in offering the "DIY/Garage Built" customer the ability to build a High Hp J-Series motor from home!! We worked very closely with our manufacturing partner to bring these rods to the J-Series community.... and at an affordable price! From the ground up we blueprinted and spec'ed our rods to reflect our needs, taking advantage of all of the industry proven manufacturing techniques that so many other companies cheap out on to save a buck (Chamfered Small and Big Bore ends, Bronze Bushings, Double shot peened, Big Bore End Foot Bridge Support, H beam style which requires more machining cost but hands down is the strongest style rods available, etc etc) and the needs of our High HP Daily Driver Customers, without breaking the bank. We started with a blank H-Beam canvas, spec'ed the rod to our needs for the J35 engine setup, added a few minor touches such as our Big Bore End Foot Bridge Support and when all was said and done the strength software used to rate our J35 H-Beam Rods raised the HP rating to what you see now (Warrantied 1yr at 1000hp, but stress testing showed in excess of 1300hp capabilities)! We didn't just rely on computer modeling, these exact rods have ran in our Shop R&D 06' Accord Turbo setup for over 30,000 miles of daily and racing abuse (and climbing 2022 update), making 600+HP the entire time. We also partnered with a few of our racing sponsorships who have gone well above the 800-1000whp mark...not a single issue since we released these, NOT ONE!
Whether you're forging the bottom end of your J35 or stroking your J30/J32 Motor
(J30 with J35 Rods/J35 Crank = J33........J32 with J35 Rods/J35 Crank = J35 ;) rest assured our HalferLand 1300hp J35 Forged H-Beam Rods will get the job done...All the while also being backed by our HalferLand Performance (1yr) Guarantee.
Along with the Rods as a full set, they will also include a complete set of 1500hp+ 3/8th Bolt/Hardware at no extra charge. This way you are sure both the rods & bolts are up to the task you're asking from it.
~ Common Questions ~
Why did you go H-Beam, aren't I beam stronger?
No! H-Beam hands down have proven to be the strongest design possible for connecting rods in real world testing and computer generated models. We targeted our intended customer group, the Honda Jseries enthusiast, revving up to 8k rpm, not 10k rpm as say a K series where I-Beam may be a better, yet weaker fit. The J-Series engine simply doesn't rev as a K-Series engine and even with a huge camshaft to try to overcome the 8k rpm power band, simply put these engines won't make much power beyond that mark...so we built the strongest Forged Rods SPECIFICALLY tailored to the J-Series engine!
Here's a short piece from the experts at EngineLabs explaining this. To keep this short, we did not want to sacrifice any strength just to reduce a little weight, we wanted and do offer the most tested, backed and strongest J-Series Rod on the market (and affordable!
H-beam rods were born out of necessity during WWII when rod failures in fighter planes occurred as allied fighter pilots used nitrous oxide to boost break away speeds during dog fights.
There is constant debate about which is better, the I-beam or the H-beam rod. H-beam rods are usually more rigid and may better distribute the loads and compressive forces placed on them. They may be ideal for lower speed engines running power adders. There are trade offs for this improved strength. H-beam rods can be heavier, sometimes 100 grams more than comparable I-beam, and require greater clearance — something to consider with stroker cranks and large-bore cams. They also require more machining during the manufacturing process, adding to their expense.
I-beam rods can save weight and give additional clearance with only a small sacrifice in strength. This strength loss is minimal in high-end I-beam rods if the materials used are the same as a comparable H-beam. Additional material can be added to the design to further strengthen an I-beam but in some cases that may push overall weight closer to that of a comparable H-beam. I-beams are generally preferred for higher rpm applications.
I Heard Billet is Better and stronger then forged!?
Again, No. We will once again allow the experts at EngineLabs explain this
- Fitment -
*FITS All J35 Engine CODES*
Can be straight swapped into J35 or.....
- J30 stroked to J33 with J35 Rods/Crank.
- J32 stroked to J35 with J35 Rods/Crank
- J37 De-Stroked to J36 with J35 Rods/Crank
- Material / Build Specs-
- Tested and Proven in everything from 550+whp Daily Drivers, to 750+whp AutoX and even 1000+whp Drag cars (1160whp test car, between 2 engines, 2+years of over 60 full 1/4 mile passes)
- HEAT TREATED 4340 ChromMoly Forged Steel
- Chamfered Big Bore and Small Bore Ends for smooth operation & Balance
(No other aftermarket Rods Include chamfered ends in their rods!)
- DOUBLE Shot Peened for additional strength, not single (What is Shot Peening??)
- Big Bore End Foot/Support Bridge for additional strength around Crank Bearings/Big Bore end. Pushing our rods beyond the 1300hp rating.
- Rod Horsepower Rating -
*While others wont quote exact HP numbers, with our years of testing and R&D we KNOW they will last to our power figures if installed correctly, with proper bearing clearances, etc
- 1000hp+++ (1000hp Warrantied crank)
- 1300CHP Test Rated
- Bolt Horsepower Rating
- 1500hp (crank)
- Final Rod Bolt Torque Spec : 55ft lbs (No 90* turn required)
225,000 Psi rated
- Warranty -
HalferLand (1) Year Guarantee @ 1000hp (Crank)
544 grams (+- 1g)
* RETURNS & ORDER CANCELING POLICY*
- ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECTED TO OUR (1) MONTH (28 DAYS) RETURN POLICY (THIS EXCLUDES ANY PORT AND POLISH PARTS, PNP PART RETURNS/CANCELLING IS BELOW). WE OFFER A NO HASSLE RETURN POLICY ON ANY PARTS WITHIN THE FIRST (28) DAYS OF YOUR PURCHASE. ALL PARTS MUST BE RETURNED IN THEIR ORIGINAL CONDITION, PACKAGING AND NEVER INSTALLED. A FULL INSPECTION WILL BE PERFORMED UPON RECEIVING THE ORDER/PARTS BACK TO US AND IF DETERMINED THE PART WAS INSTALLED OR MODIFIED/DAMAGED THE RETURN WILL BE DENIED.
ALL REFUNDS AND RETURNS ARE SUBJECT TO A 3.5% CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION FEE. THIS IS DUE TO THE INITAL ORDER TRANSACTION FEE WE WERE CHARGED FOR YOUR ORDER, PLUS THE ADDITONAL REFUND TRANSACTION. THOUGH THERE ARE TWO TRANSACTION FEE'S CHARGED TO US, WE ARE ONLY CHARGING YOU FOR THE REFUND FEE.
- ANY PART RETURNED AFTER THE (28) DAY RETURN POLICY WILL BE SUBJECTED TO A 3% RESTOCKING FEE.
- FOR TUNING ORDERS, NO RETURNS ARE ACCEPTED UNLESS NO TUNING OR REVISIONS HAVE BEEN STARTED. AFTER OUR FIRST REVISION/TUNE IS SENT TO OUR CUSTOMER VIA EMAIL, NO REFUNDS WILL BE ALLOWED OR AUTHORIZED. THIS APPLIES FOR BOTH SINGLE SESSION (TUNE TILL RIGHT) AND LIFETIME TUNES.
- There are no returns accepted for any Port and Polish parts, due to the parts being modified and unable to be returned to their stock/original condition. There is no exception to this policy...EVER.
- If the customer selected to have HalferLand Performance source/provide a core part(s) and chooses to cancel their order prior to shipping or starting the modifications/porting, a 20% part cost restocking/sourcing fee will be assessed from the credit/return. Example, the core part provided cost $100, a 20% Restock/Sourcing fee of $20 will be deducted from the credit of the order. This is due to our cost to source, purchase, clean the part and now the order being cancelled, we now are forced to sit on the part with direct order being associated with it or that we can use it for.
- Order Cancelling may be done prior to the start of any modification or work and before shipping. If the parts modifications has already been begun or the parts has shipped, then the order cannot be canceled and will be filled/finished accordingly. If its a non PnP part and the order ships, the customer is responsible for returning the part/order using their preferred carrier. Our (28) Day Return Policy guidelines remain, parts must be returned in original packaging, never installed, modified or damaged.