V.2 (New and Improved)
Honda J-Series 89mm STD J32/J35
Semi-Forged "Hyper"Alloy Pistons
THEY ARE NOW COMPATIBLE WITH ALL J32 and J35 ENGINES, WHETHER YOU HAVE PISTON OIL SQUIRTERS OR NOT!
- Our V.2 HLP Hyper Pistons will now come STANDARD with oil piston squirter cutouts on the side skirts, now allowing any J32 or J35 engine to run our pistons, whether you want to leave the oil squirter, your engine didn't come with them or want to remove them... it's now your choice!
- Included as STANDARD with Ceramic Coated Piston Domes to reduce combustion temps and chance of knock or detonation which can destroy a high horsepower engine...while allowing you to be more aggressive in the tune with timing and get all the power out of your setup that you can. Usually this isn't even offered by other companies or you have to pay $300+ through a third party to get them coated, OURS COME STANDARD WITH CERAMIC COATING!!
- Included as STANDARD with Moly Glide side Skirt Treatment for the smoothest operation possible
- Proven and Guaranteed, while also Warrantied for 1yr to 800hp. Capable and tested directly in a 1000+hp Drag J35a4 Engine
- Our V.2 will now have a higher compression ratio that is more in line with modern day fuels, such as 93 pump gas and pump E85. In a J35 you will see 10.5:1 and in a J32 9.5:1. Of course this can also be adjusted by playing with the head thickness by head decking or milling. A 10:1 compression ratio with modern day fuels is more than achievable, with us here at HLP running as much as 12.4:1 on 93 pump gas while NA and 11:1 on our Turbo J35 on a pump gas E35 mix.
- Included as STANDARD with the Thickest/Strongest 1200+HP
J-Series Horned Wrist Pins on the market and brand new c-clips .
(They 100% WILL still fit all OEM and aftermarket J-Series Rods and Pistons. The wrist pins outer diameter is the same as stock, with them being enlarged on the interior side so wont effect fitment)
Here's a Link to a short article https://www.onallcylinders.com/2019/12/20/ask-away-with-jeff-smith-how-2618-vs-4032-alloys-affect-forged-piston-noise/#:~:text=The%202618%20alloy%20expands%20more,greater%20ability%20to%20absorb%20abuse. .... briefly explaining the benefits to a Hyper Alloy ( Aka Our "Hypereutectic" low silicone content pistons) over a oem aluminum cast piston and others. It explains why in nearly all cases with a good condition engine we and our customers are able to get by with a light hone to the cylinders and why forged Pistons, which do not expand as much, usually requiring over boring to get to the desired piston to wall clearance and needing oversized pistons. This is not to be mistaken for cast OEM, this article is comparing the two common performance based alloys used in modern day performance street/race engines. As touched on, Hypereutectic alloy is far superior in regards to load capabilities and abuse, allowing for our tested and warrantied 800hp guarantee.. but ultimately if wanting 1000+HP true forging is a better alternative. The article also explains why we are able to or suggest running our pistons without requiring oversized pistons or over boring as some other materials may require. Simply put Hypereutectic alloy has a higher thermal threshold, as well as a larger expansion rate closer to OEM and usually in every case we have come across, even with a high mileage engine it can still spec out to clearance limits after the engine is up to temp. This is why our Pistons can be used in stock bore used engines even when on the OEM outside limits for Piston to Wall clearance of .0016" - .0030" in. (OEM calls for .0006"-.0016", Service limit of .0030")
We are extremely proud to announce our final step in offering the normal DIY/Garage Built Honda J-Series Enthusiast the ability to build their own 400-800hp J-Series motor from home. The final piece to this puzzle is our brand new HalferLand Performance 800+hp J32/J35 89mm Hypereutectic Pistons (Some also call this type of piston "Semi-Forged" pistons). We spent many days and nights developing our pistons and coming to the final design you see now. We wanted to offer a robust, sturdy piston, but also one that would not break the bank and still allow our customer to achieve there horsepower goals and stay within their budget....AND WE DID IT!
Hypereutectic pistons (Lower Silicone Content and Heat Treated for added resiliency) are not new to this industry, with the majority of the large automotive manufacturers utilizing "hyper" pistons on their factory forced induction vehicles, such as Audi-BMW-Toyota-etc. with their stock pistons exceeding 800-1000whp. Here is a brief link if you want to read up more on the material and piston.
"Hyper" pistons are capable of withstanding the higher heat and loads caused from forced induction, Nitrous and even High Strung to Daily NA engine setups.... along with great resiliency to heat soak which can lead to detonation and ultimate engine damage. To add another layer of protection all of our HalferLand Pistons will come standard with Ceramic Coated Domes to withstand even higher cylinder temps (Resisting knock in Boosted or NA setups), while also cooling and resisting heat for extreme cylinder pressures (AKA Boost!). Along with the Ceramic dome our pistons will also come standard with the thickest and strongest HLP 1000hp J-Series HORNED wrist pins (OD is the same and will still fit OEM and aftermarket Rods), brand new C-Clips to hold the wrist pins and Lastly, our pistons also come standard with our Moly "Glide" Side Skirt Treatment (Not Standard Moly treatment, our "Glide" treatment is a hybrid ceramic and moly treatment which promotes greater lifespan) to ensure smooth operation for the pistons within the cylinders.
Our "Hyper" Pistons will come in the standard 89mm bore (Standard J32/J35 Bore) so no over boring of your cylinders required as other Over Bore/ Oversized aftermarket pistons (You can still safely re-hone the cylinders if needed). The pistons are also based off the Honda J35z pistons, bringing the compression to a safe Boost capable compression of 10.5:1 for J35 engines and 9.5:1 for J32 engines (Head milling can be performed to fine tune compression if needed. We will come out with other compression ratio pistons down the road).
HERE is a GREAT video that will help explain the benefits of our Hyper Pistons over normal cast aluminum alloy and even forged pistons in a high HP daily drivers or Racecars
PRODUCT SPECS/ FEATURES
- PISTON RING GAP BY HORSEPOWER RATING-
PLEASE REFER BELOW TO OUR "GENERAL" SPECS TO MAKE SURE YOU GAP YOUR PISTON RINGS APPROPRIATELY TO YOUR HP LEVEL. ALL PISTON RINGS WILL HEAT UP, THUS CAUSING THEM TO EXPAND AND ULTIMATELY BUTT, WHICH CAN BREAK YOUR PISTON RING LANDS. TO AVOID THIS PROPER GAPPING IS REQUIRED
This is NOT A "RULE ALL" EXAMPLE but is the general rule of thumb....it's the customer responsibility to understand, research and set their ring gap appropriately
- Stock to 350-400whp = Safe to leave them alone, standard gap
- 450whp-700whp =
Top Ring = Bore Diameter (Inches) X .007"
Second Ring = Bore Dia. (Inches) X .008
750WHP-1000whp(General Rule, Seek guidance from engine builder)
Top Ring = Bore Diameter X .008-.009
Second Ring = Bore Diameter X .009-.010
PISTON TO WALL CLEARANCES
Typically we call for .0016"- .0040" piston to wall clearance with our 2618 Hyper Pistons. However a full drag, AutoX or upper HP limit daily driver may require more due to thermal expansion. Please consult your engine builder in these cases.
- 800HP Capable
- HYPER material is the coolest running alloy you can have in a piston..much cooler over OEM and even forged pistons. The high silicone content expands as OEM unlike forged that require boring or machining your cylinder to run oversized pistons and the high silicone content allows for some of the highest cylinder pressure possible.
- Vehicle Fitment -
NOW COMPATIBLE WITH ALL J32/J35 Honda J-Series Engines, whether you have piston oil squirters or not, our pistons can be ran in your setup!
- Standard 89mm for J32 or J35's (No Over Boring Cylinders Required)
- Compression -
10.5:1 in J35 Engines
9.5:1 in J32 Engines
- Comes Standard with Ceramic Coated Domes to rescue combustion temps, strengthen the dome and reduces the chance of detonation, allowing you to advance ignition timing to get every last once of power out your setup that you can!
- Comes Standard with the thickest HLP 1200HP J-SERIES Honored Wrist Pins on the market!
- Comes Standard Moly "Glide" Side Skirt Treatment - Hybrid Moly and Ceramic Treatment for Prolonged life span
- Brand New Clips Included
- Free Shipping
- HalferLand 1 Yr Warranty up to 800hp
* RETURNS & ORDER CANCELING POLICY*
- ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECTED TO OUR (1) MONTH (28 DAYS) RETURN POLICY (THIS EXCLUDES ANY PORT AND POLISH PARTS, PNP PART RETURNS/CANCELLING IS BELOW). WE OFFER A NO HASSLE RETURN POLICY ON ANY PARTS WITHIN THE FIRST (28) DAYS OF YOUR PURCHASE. ALL PARTS MUST BE RETURNED IN THEIR ORIGINAL CONDITION, PACKAGING AND NEVER INSTALLED. A FULL INSPECTION WILL BE PERFORMED UPON RECEIVING THE ORDER/PARTS BACK TO US AND IF DETERMINED THE PART WAS INSTALLED OR MODIFIED/DAMAGED THE RETURN WILL BE DENIED.
ALL REFUNDS AND RETURNS ARE SUBJECT TO A 3.5% CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION FEE. THIS IS DUE TO THE INITAL ORDER TRANSACTION FEE WE WERE CHARGED FOR YOUR ORDER, PLUS THE ADDITONAL REFUND TRANSACTION. THOUGH THERE ARE TWO TRANSACTION FEE'S CHARGED TO US, WE ARE ONLY CHARGING YOU FOR THE REFUND FEE.
- ANY PART RETURNED AFTER THE (28) DAY RETURN POLICY WILL BE SUBJECTED TO A 3% RESTOCKING FEE.
- FOR TUNING ORDERS, NO RETURNS ARE ACCEPTED UNLESS NO TUNING OR REVISIONS HAVE BEEN STARTED. AFTER OUR FIRST REVISION/TUNE IS SENT TO OUR CUSTOMER VIA EMAIL, NO REFUNDS WILL BE ALLOWED OR AUTHORIZED. THIS APPLIES FOR BOTH SINGLE SESSION (TUNE TILL RIGHT) AND LIFETIME TUNES.
- There are no returns accepted for any Port and Polish parts, due to the parts being modified and unable to be returned to their stock/original condition. There is no exception to this policy...EVER.
- If the customer selected to have HalferLand Performance source/provide a core part(s) and chooses to cancel their order prior to shipping or starting the modifications/porting, a 20% part cost restocking/sourcing fee will be assessed from the credit/return. Example, the core part provided cost $100, a 20% Restock/Sourcing fee of $20 will be deducted from the credit of the order. This is due to our cost to source, purchase, clean the part and now the order being cancelled, we now are forced to sit on the part with direct order being associated with it or that we can use it for.
- Order Cancelling may be done prior to the start of any modification or work and before shipping. If the parts modifications has already been begun or the parts has shipped, then the order cannot be canceled and will be filled/finished accordingly. If its a non PnP part and the order ships, the customer is responsible for returning the part/order using their preferred carrier. Our (28) Day Return Policy guidelines remain, parts must be returned in original packaging, never installed, modified or damaged.